The SafeSport Handbook includes the various policies that apply to all USA Hockey Member Programs. Those policies address areas including Sexual Abuse, Physical Abuse, Emotional Abuse, Bullying, Threats and Harassment, and Hazing.
The policies also address areas where misconduct can occur and are intended to reduce the risk of potential abuse, including Locker Room Policy, Electronic Communications Policy, Travel Policy and Billeting Policy.
1. Log in on website http://training.teamusa.org
2. Click on “Your Courses”
3. Click on USA Hockey SafeSport Course
4. Click on “download certificate” (underneath
the “launch course” button)
5. Save and print certificate
To Register for Training:
- You’ll need your USA Hockey membership number (confirmation number from your online registration as a Player/Coach or Manager/Volunteer) or your Referee number. If you don’t know your USA Hockey membership number (confirmation number) you can access by clicking here – under Member Options, click on ‘Request Duplicate Registration Confirmation.’
- If you don’t have a USA Hockey membership number you can get one by processing your Manager/Volunteer Registration for the 2017-18 season. It’s easy to do and there’s no charge. Go to www.usahockeyregistration.com and click on ‘Register Now’…check that you are over 18 and select Ice Manager/Volunteer. At the end of the process you will immediately receive your confirmation number.
- Click on the following link to register for SafeSport Training: http://training.teamusa.org/accounts/register. You will then be asked for your email address, to create a user name and password, and to select and answer a security question. In the drop down menu for “Select Organization,” if you are a coach, volunteer, or player be sure to select USA Hockey; if you are a referee, be sure to select USA Hockey Officials. You will then be asked for your membership number which is your USA Hockey confirmation number or your referee number. Next click on the red save button on the bottom right side of the page. You will only need to register the first time to set up the account. Once the account is set up, you will sign in using your email address and password.
- Contact http://www.usahockey.com/safesporttraining should you have further questions.